Monday, June 9, 2014

                                     TEXT TO SELF - PERSONAL RESPONSE

         

                 I do agree that animals have deep emotions and are able to communicate with humans in some way, but I disagree with the fact that humans think anthropomorphically towards animals. We are humans they are animals. I have a couple of experiences involving anthropomorphism when I was younger like Pi. I used to talk to animals, play with barbie dolls act out scenes using them as the source of humans, I used to play with stuffed animals and pretend the were real people, and I used to think that clouds made pictures of what I see in reality. I always knew they didn't understand but whenever I was alone I used them to play with me.At the end of Life of Pi, when the two stories were revealed, the purpose of having animals and the anthropomorphism story is because the animals were a substitute to lighten the crude reality of what actually happened to Pi. Whenever I was playing with my toys and treated them like people with emotions and opinions, I did it because I was all alone so it was a way of of keeping myself company when I had no one around. In both scenarios, anthropomorphism is used as a way of escaping loneliness.



             I don't like it when people anthropomorphize in ordinary ways like dressing their pets with uncomfortable clothes or assuming what animals want by thinking what they want. I'm just against it because why are pets being treated better then humans or exact like humans. There are people starving all over the world, people that don't have shelter, don't have food, that are being abused, that don't have equal rights, and animals are living in a paradise. But theirs always that awful extreme that animals are being treated harsher then humans, by being thrown on the streets, beaten, and starved to death. Animals do have emotions so they do have to be treated with care and respect, but we have to do something for the people first. 

            In my mind the concept of anthropomorphism is not right. It is making kids believe that imaginative objects are real like fairies, elf's, Santa Claus, flying rain dears, this all play's with their mind. I do believe that animals are able feel, and can think but I disagree that their thoughts and emotions are the same as ours. Animals goal is survival. We might share some traits from evolutionary reasons, and they could be compared to us. But we should start focusing more on treating each other, humans, better and equally before we move on to another species. Because if humans cant get along with each other what will happen if we begin to go against animals.

No comments:

Post a Comment